Posted on February 2, 2012
Millennials are looking for jobs that offer training and the chance to move up, according to new survey by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). “Opportunities for career progression” is the most attractive feature of a prospective employer, cited by 52% of Millennials surveyed. Salary came in second at 44% and training and education third at 35%.
Most Millennials reported having to make some compromises of their expectations to find employment such as taking a lower salary or moving from a preferred location. However, most of them (59%) said they were still looking for employers who shared their values of corporate responsibility and most of them (70%) expect some flexibility in their working hours. Most (66%) also agreed that international experience would further their careers. Overall the survey shows that Millennials are still looking for “meaningful” jobs with flexible parameters despite their difficulty finding work.
Tags: Job Hunting , Jobs , Workplace
Cam’s Recent Media
- December 28, 2015 - The Millennials Are Coming! The Millennials Are Coming!
- October 19, 2015 - Your Young Clients Lack Self-reliance
- September 28, 2015 - Lessons Learned From A Repo-ed ATM Card
- June 29, 2015 - The Modern Family 80/20 Rule
- May 4, 2015 - The 2015 IA 35 for 35